A combi oven accessories (Combi Oven), is one of the most expensive purchases a commercial kitchen operator will make. It is crucial that you choose the right one. Here are 6 things to remember before you make that investment.
* Features: This includes fully-programmable machines that can be programmed to create pre-set menus, and units that clean themselves. These and other features will be discussed by experienced combi oven suppliers.
* Services: Electric or gas can be used to power combi ovens. The majority of electric models need a three-phase supply. All electric models generate steam, so they require at least one x 15mm of cold water. Don’t forget to drain the unit. Some units have a very low waste outlet, while others may require an air brake or tundish be installed.
* Accessories: You will need accessories to get the most out of your combi oven. These accessories include plates racks, trolleys for regen and stacking stands.
* Ventilation: All Combi ovens must be placed under an extraction canopy. If this is impossible, many of the higher-end manufacturers produce ovens with “built in” ventilation, such as the Hans Dampf HoodIn from MKN. MKN and other premium brands offer an option to add an extraction hood to their ovens. This allows you to place the oven wherever you like.
* Access: Although it may seem simple, combi ovens can be heavy and large. It is important to ensure that it fits in your kitchen. It is quite a sight to see your expensive oven stuck in a door frame halfway up two flights of stairs.
* Reliability is the last but not least of our six point guide. MKN Hans Dampf models can be fitted in marine environments as no one wants to tell 600 oil workers that the oven isn’t working. Rational ovens come with a 2-year warranty. Because they know that it is unlikely that it will fail, they do this. Both brands provide real value and peace-of-mind.